"COATINGS FOR AFRICA 2013"
1st Notification - CALL FOR PAPERS:
THE 24TH NATIONAL SYMPOSIUM OF OCCA SOUTH AFRICAN DIVISION
ORGANISED JOINTLY BY
THE NORTHERN SECTION OF THE SOUTH AFRICAN DIVISION OF THE OIL AND COLOUR
AND THE SOUTH AFRICAN PAINT MANUFACTURERS ASSOCIATION (SAPMA)
WILL TAKE PLACE ON
21 – 23 MAY 2013
AT THE GALLAGHER CONVENTION CENTRE MIDRAND JOHANNESBURG
The theme for the next OCCA symposium will be “CREATING A GREENER FUTURE” for Africa.
Authors of new work describing research results & developments in the Coatings Industry which are of relevance to the topics & theme described below are kindly invited to submit a short, conclusive abstract to the CFA Technical Panel. Papers will be selected on the basis of relevance to the theme, scientific & technical value, novelty & educational & practical relevance.
Guidelines for Papers/Presentation submission:
All submissions will be treated with the strictest confidence and will only be announced if selected in the final program.
The presentation time should not exceed 30 minutes (20-25 minutes oral presentation time followed by 5-10 minutes of discussion time for questions)
The abstract should provide the following information:
- The title, duration and an abstract of not more than 300 words.
- The name, company, position, and contact details of the author.
- A short résumé of the presenter’s background.
Topics for Technical papers:
Presentations/Technical papers with a particular focus on the conference theme, innovation and new trends are solicited on:
- Coating raw materials: Binders/Pigments/Extenders/Additives/Solvents.
- Studies on the interaction between these materials and their impact on coating properties.
- Laboratory testing and analysis methods and equipment.
- Developments in processing, production techniques and equipment.
- Legislation, regulation and standardization issues including, but not limited to: green chemistry, clean technology, sustainability and renewable resources.
Best Paper Award:
A quarter ounce Kruger Rand Coin will be awarded for the best paper.
|30th September 2012:||Deadline for submission of Abstracts|
|31st October 2012:||Notification of acceptance to presenters|
|16th January 2013:||Deadline for full paper submission. All presenters to have registered and paid to attend CFA 2013.|
For queries please contact:
|Tanya Price||031 303 firstname.lastname@example.org|
Back to Exhibition Products